Sunday, May 17, 2009

Daydreaming













by Nikki Quismondo

I long to celebrate something,
to pop open a bottle of champagne...
Where are my friends?
maybe I should plan a fiesta?
I'd like to be invited to a wedding,
or a trip to the bay- it's soo stuffy at the office,
even, at home..
when I was younger, the ocean was my playground;
care free floating upon a cool body water
trust was my sanctuary,
maybe I'd find a cute lady bug crawling on my warm skin..
while laying in the sun, basking to be bronzed, daydreaming- looking up at the blue sky...
but now, I work day and night,
the nearing of summer isn't as fun,
the expectation some how lost,
responsibilities surpass fantasy, daydreaming, hope...
I don't know where I can wear my new jade earrings?
but, I know that I'll soon need to grab my suit jacket out of the closet for that meeting,
I really don't want to think about tomorrow's paperwork,
I'd rather think about a trip to the Berkeley hills,
or a romantic walk on the beach in Hawaii
I'd rather think about a place where I can dress elegant, and
pop open a bottle of champagne for something to celebrate.

No comments: