Saturday, December 6, 2008

Liquid Enigma









By Nikki Quismondo

I had a Picasso dream of your abstractions,
a memory of your liquid enigma
flashes of your book case turned into a guitar
notes became poems
your voice turned into the edge of a pool I couldn't swim in..
automatically, I tried to gather your collections...
I picked up a few pieces of your humor
a swig or two of your sexy thinking,
a delicate morsel of your coffee eyes,
but they all dissolved into bits and pieces of lies
I tried to balance it all, in between two pools
one shallow, one deep in metaphors
when it all made sense, I seen you in many dimensions,
some good,some not so good for me....
and where I was supposed to be
as time collapsed, my feet stood bare upon a white slim concreted reality
and when I awoke, you were not there....

No comments: