Thursday, January 8, 2009

In between the t.v. and the wine













By Nikki Quismondo

we are like a rose with soft petals and thorny fears
so very vulnerable to the Carmel sun,
but open to the water droplets of soft rain fantasies,
I want to open myself to you, start a new,
and dream of things, like our dinner nights
where you cook for me and we ponder about philosophy
I want to travel with you to the possibilities
place our soft mantra in the sea
where your boat floats upon the
indemnity of soft water bubbles
and a reassurance of easy waves glide
along the soft kiss of my lips
we can fiddle around the ideas
of musical loving and poetic words flushed in blushing cheeks,
or we can lay in the fears of moonlight sorrows,
but there is a soft rose petal waiting to be watered,
and a bottle of hot massage oil setting upon the night stand,
in between the t.v. and the wine....

No comments: